A lot of people asked me this.. this is what I usually tell them.
I think it’s 30% luck and 43452340% looks but here you go.
It’s usually catalogues – runway for a couple of years or just one – wings, angel contract.
The ideal hight is to be 5’9 and be 34’24’34
Google NEXT, IMG, Elite and Ford Agencies and register yourself.
You must be 18 for VS.
VS says this:
We select models from both the Ford and Elite Modeling agencies in New York City. Unfortunately, we do not have information to release regarding specific criteria they must meet. We suggest that you contact a modeling agency if you want to pursue a modeling career.
Top 10 insider tips to becoming a Victoria’s Secret Model (by Robert Voltair)
1. Get someone to take your picture. As simple as this sounds you will need this snapshot to approach a credible model agency. The agencies that assist with the casting of a Victoria’s Secret Model are going to want to see what you look like on film.
2. Go to the open call at Ford or Elite in New York City. These two agencies are primarily responsible for negotiating the contracts of Victoria’s Secret models. An open call is a time agencies put aside to meet new models. Call them and ask when they have “open calls” or look for that information on their website. When you arrive be sure to look amazing and have the snapshots in hand.
3. If you get rejected, get busy. Approach local modeling agencies where you live with your snapshots. If you get signed prepare to make friends with professional photographers. You will need those images to get the attention of Victoria’s Secret.
4. Register yourself on modeling websites. Use Google to find them. The world needs to know you are out there.
5. Get measured and be realistic. The ideal height of a Victoria’s Secret Model is 5’9” standing barefoot with body measurements of 34-24-34.
6. Be Skinny. You must go to the gym. Stop eating junk food. If you are not naturally this thin but have the basic body type of a Victoria’s Secret model hire a nutritionist and a trainer.
7. Be on the cover of Vogue before you are 18 years old. Greatly increases your chances.
8. Enter the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Competition. In 2009 Victoria’s Secret had open calls in October in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami to launch the career of an unknown model. There are presently four requirements to be in the competition. Models must be female, between 18 to 30 years of age, from the United States and a minimum of 5’8” tall (barefoot). The competition is once a year. Google it and look out for it.
9. Be professional. Be on time. Don’t stay up late and party before shoots. Be nice.
10. Get to know Edward Razek. For the last fifteen years Edward Razek has been the man behind the casting of Victoria’s Secret. He is responsible for choosing who walks down the catwalk and who appears in their advertisements. He has been instrumental in launching the careers of Heidi Klum and Daniela Pestova to superstar status.
GOOD LUCK 🙂