(This applies only to portfolio shoot, a commercial shoot you might require more depending on the client and project)
The first thing in making a photo shoot work just right is preparing 3-4 days before the shoot.
- Plan for 3-5 outfits if you are shooting for a basic modeling portfolio * Make sure you don’t do any wild designs; solid colors usually work the best. If you do decide to do certain design(s) make sure you talk it over with the photographer first.
- Every outfit should have accessories Some of these accessories include:
D. Flat & high shoes
F. Colored bras
G. Different colored undies
(the absence of accessories can make a photo look too bland)
- Plan a certain location; whether its in a studio or at an outdoor location
(most of the time the photographer will plan this)
make sure your outfits fit with the location or backgrounds
- Make sure you talk to the photographer a day before the shoot and confirm everything that you already talked about, this helps avoid misunderstandings and lack of communication.
- One of the most important things the night before is to get sleep; don’t go out drinking and partying it will make your eyes puffy and your mood cranky.
This is normally a day before the shoot
THINGS TO PACK FOR THE SHOOT
A. Eye cream, eye gel for puffiness and body lotion
B. Eye Make-Up Remover
C. Eye Drops
G. Eye Shadows
I. Face Powder
C. Hair Ties (thin)
E. Bobby pins
F. Hair Appliances (Curling Irons, straightners, etc)
DAY OF THE SHOOT
- Make sure you arrive about 15-20 min early so you can be fully prepared by the time the photo shoot starts.
- Bring your portfolio with you along with a couple photo clip outs of pictures you want in your portfolio
- You are now ready for your photo shoot