1. Everyone is struggling in one way or another, and it makes a huge difference when someone’s kind to us.
2. It improves your mood, and enhances self esteem. It is, therefore, good for your own mental health.
3. Kindness is innate – it’s at the heart of who we are. Thus, we’re being more authentic when we choose to be kind.
4. Kindness is contagious and will likely ripple out, so the others in your world will be inspired to be kind, too.
5. It builds connections with others so we feel much less alone, more cared for, more connected, more valued and more loved.
Hey guys! It’s summer, so a lot of us are out of school. I’ve noticed I have a habit of getting bored and feeling unproductive when I’m on break, which really doesn’t help anxiety/depression. I’ve learned a few things over the years to help myself get out of the rut.
1. Make Plans. Even going to get coffee with a friend for 30 minutes can help me feel productive, and it gets me out of he house. Leaving the house is often half the battle.
2. Get Ready. I’ve found dressing somewhat nicely helps me to feel better in general. If hair and makeup is your thing, doing beauty tutorials off of Youtube is fun and time consuming (and gets your mind focused on something).
3. Clean out something. Cleaning things out really gets my mind on something and stops me from feeling gross like I do after a day of Netflix. It’s also nice because something gets done.
4. Go somewhere by yourself. Even just bringing my laptop to a coffee shop and going on Tumblr makes me feel better than doing it alone in my room. Also, I’m more likely to get work done (applications, emails, etc) if I’m not in my house
The black girl with those big anime eyes and big ears is 6 week old and was named Mica (she sayed it’ romain for little one) she was the thinnest and smallest of all the kittens :3
I wanted to name her somethings funny like Espresso, Coke, Cola, Blackberry, Chocolate or Nutella but then I wanted something elegant and sexy but not like Chanel or something so I decided to name her Calypso.
Calypso was a nymph in Greek mythology. The etymology of Calypso’s name is from καλύπτω (kalyptō), meaning “to cover”, “to conceal”, “to hide”, or “to deceive”. According to Etymologicum Magnum her name means καλύπτουσα το διανοούμενον (kalýptousa to dianooúmenon), i.e. “concealing the knowledge”, which combined with the Homeric epithet δολόεσσα (dolóessa), meaning subtle or wily, justifies the hermetic character of Calypso and her island. καλύπτω is derived from Proto-Indo-European *ḱel-, making it cognate with the English word Hell.
Anyway she is super cute, smart and fluffy.
The calico is only 4 weeks old and my bae wanted her since he saw a photo of her and named her Kyoshi. She is super cute, always hungry and so clumsy.
Their breeder was so nice and cute, she really loved them and gave us their favorite ball with them and I am still in contact with her.
You can see more photos and a lot of videos on my Instagram and Snapchat @DiinaDaring!
My bae got a matching tattoo (a lion) on hist right forefinger! c:
Pain? It kinda hurt and was kind of a burning pain put okay, not so extreme. But it really hurt on the bone.
Time? My lioness took about 80 minutes. The lion about 90.
Colors? Its’ black, shades of grey and white. 🙂
Price? I didn’t paid for it because the artist is a good friend of mine <3
Design? We used real lion photographs.
Meaning? My zodiac sign is leo. I got matching ones with my bae. Also a lioness embody several traits like strength, justice, courage, bravery, motherhood, leadership and royalty. 🙂
After it & now? After the inking it hurt to fold the hand and hurt like a bad sunburn. Now, 18 hours after it I don’t really feel it anymore, just a slightly burning pain and it hurts really bad when I accidentally scratch it.
Aftercare? I put antiseptic rash cream (Bepanthen) three times a day on it and clean it anyway when I wash my hands. 🙂
If you have any questions feel free to ask! 🙂
Next Tattoo in 2 weeks! :3
(oldest -> newest)
I also got my old tattoo inked again because it kinda turned grey ^.^
All right lovelies, time for some stuff that is guaranteed to cheer you up and calm you down. None of these are cures of course, but they have helped me and others while dealing with those days where our various mental illnesses won’t calm tf down.
Listen to compilations of the soundtrack of your favorite games. (here’s an Assassin’s Creed one. It’s not particularly relaxing, but the familiarity eased me out of a panic attack. Try looking up games like Portal 2, or Skyrim)
Need help coping? Get support and assistance here 🙂
Note: I will be updating this as often as I can, so check back! I’ll be adding more topics and resources, as well as many other things. If you’d like, leave me a message in my ask and I’ll write down your URL and notify you when I update 🙂
Please spread this, I want to help as many people as possible. And if you notice a broken link please let me know!