More Ideas.. Still can’t decide what I should get in two weeks..
More Ideas.. Still can’t decide what I should get in two weeks..
You know I love tattoos and I am so excited to get my next tattoo on Tuesday.
cost of zoloft at walgreens100mg of zoloft for anxiety
buy zyban cheap zyban buy
generic brand for prednisone Prednisone natural alternative
generic diflucan fluconazolediflucan buy online uk
doxycycline price at walmart order doxycycline online uk
I made a list like this a few years ago and I thought I would do a new, updated list.
I want to get all of those Piercings till this year ends! #GOALS
Of course I will pierce all of them myself! 🙂
If I should blog about any of those just say it! 😉
This is your home now.
But you would dive head first into that crepe cake.
Buy high quality tools, so you only have to buy them once.
Keep a change of clothes at work.
Never hit anyone unless they are an immediate threat.
Every hat should serve a purpose.
Never take her to the movies on the first date.
Learn to wet shave.
Nothing looks more bad ass than a well-tailored suit.
Shave with the grain on the first go-around.
Always look a person in the eye when you talk to them.
Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
Exercise makes you happy. Run, lift, and play sports.
Brush your teeth before you put on your tie.
A small amount of your paycheck should go directly to your savings account every month.
Call Mom and Dad every week.
Never wear a clip-on tie.
Give a firm handshake.
Compliment her shoes.
Never leave a beer unfinished.
If you aren’t confident, fake it. It will come around.
You can tell the size of a man by the size of things that bother him.
Be conscious of your body language.
The only reason to ever point a gun at someone is if you intend to shoot them. Period.
Always stand to shake someone’s hand.
Never lend anything you can’t afford to lose.
Ask more than you answer. Everybody likes to talk about themselves.
Never have sex with anyone that doesn’t want it as much as you.
Go for women out of your league. You may end up surprised.
Manliness is not only being able to take care of yourself, but others as well.
Go with the decision that will make for a good story.
When you walk, look straight ahead, not at your feet.
Nice guys don’t finish last, boring guys do.
Find your passion and figure out how to get paid for it.
Don’t let the little head do the thinking for the big head.
No matter their job or status, everyone deserves your respect.
The most important thing you can learn is personal responsibility. Bad things happen, it’s your job to overcome them.
The first one to get angry loses.
A man does what needs to be done without complaining.
Never stop learning.
Always go out into public dressed like you’re about to meet the love of your life.
Don’t change yourself just to make someone happy.
If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
Luck favors the prepared.
Women find confidence sexy as hell.
Do whatever you want to do, but be the best at it.
No one is on their deathbed wishing they spent more time at work.
So I’m getting asked a LOT about modeling and all its requirements/advantages/disadvantages and tips to give out. Since I reply almost daily to these questions, I thought I might just spare time and create a page full of helpful tips to get into modeling. BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER, PLEASE KNOW THAT THESE TIPS ARE NOT AN OBLIGATION TO FOLLOW, THEY ARE DRIVEN FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND MAY DIFFER FOR ANY OTHER TYPES OF MODELING OR IN FUNCTION OF THE INDIVIDUAL (so please read before i get loads f ‘ew your tips suck, they’re not even true’)
General tips & tricks to model:
Do you have what it takes to a model ?
There are tons of different kinds of modeling, not everyone fits into the leas, tall figure of the high fashion model. Scroll down to find out all the different kinds of modeling and which one fits you best 🙂
When you see the incredibly tall and lean figures that grace the runways and editorials for the leading fashion houses and designers, these are the High Fashion models. They are generally required to be between 172cm to 180cm (5”8 to 5”11), with a dress size of 4-6 US (6-8 UK), with a typical bust size of 34. The age range can be from 14 to 25. For guys the age range is more flexible and they can start from the age of 16 until their late 40’s. They need to be between 180cm to 188cm (5”11 to 6”2), with an excellent physique and a chest size of 94cm to 106cm (37” to 42”) and 76cm to 81cm (30” to 32”) waist. Guys tend to have longer careers if they look after themselves.
This is modeling for magazine editorials and covers such as Vogue, Elle etc. The standard requirements for these models are similar to those in High Fashion and you must be very photogenic Quite often the same models will work in both Editorial Print and High Fashion. These editorials provide great exposure for models even though the fees earned are sometimes relatively low. This is normal and it can take a few years to gain the experience needed to get the bigger paying jobs.
A huge market that encompasses every kind of print advertising. This can range from advertising in magazines to products on supermarket shelves to billboards. The benefit of working in Commercial Print as a model is that the target audience of the advertisers varies considerably. Naturally the brands want to attract and represent the people that will buy their products, so there are many opportunities here if you are not the High Fashion type.
Companies create catalogues (print or online) to sell their latest clothing lines or various others products, and it’s the models job to make them look good. Here you will find many great opportunities for different model types, as the model is chosen to represent the target audience of the different companies. With the increasing number of websites that require models to promote their goods online, this is very lucrative for many models.
Plus Size Modeling
Modeling for the larger body type, this type of modeling is on the increase and a relatively new phenomenon. If you’re confident, with great attributes and you are between the sizes of 12-16 US (14-18 UK) then this could be for you. More and more advertisers are using Plus Size Models to promote their products in a bid to appeal to a broader demographic. As a Plus Size model you will still need to have great skin, teeth and hair and have that something special about you. For High Fashion Plus Sized Models the height requirements remain at a minimum of 172cm (5”8). (Plus Size Models below – eastwestmodels.de)
Is modeling that emphasizes a models sexuality. Glamour Modeling can range from lingerie and swimwear shoots, to artistic and nude photography to men’s magazines. You will need to be beautiful, sexy and confident, with an extremely outgoing personality. Height restrictions tend not to apply, which is the great attraction to many models. If you are considering this area of modeling, take care as there are many dishonest people that take advantage of young models who are eager to get into modeling. If you are interested in Glamour Modeling it’s advisable to have a reputable agency looking out for your best interests.
Body Parts Models
An area not usually thought about for newcomers, but it is a very relevant sector of the industry. The most common body parts tend to be hair, eyes, lips, hands, legs and feet, which are used to promote many products in print and TV. You will need to have exceptionally well proportioned body parts and know how to look after them. This is definitely an area within modeling that’s worth considering as it can prove to be surprisingly profitable.
Modeling in TV commercials does not have any overall criteria for height, size and age, as each commercial requires someone different and specific to that job. It is usually necessary to have some acting ability, but this can be natural ability or learned. There are many different types of TV commercials, ranging from the highly stylised photographic, to the performance led reality style. The great advantage in TV commercials for a model is that brands are continuously seeking models, which the general public can easily identify with. This opens up the doors to almost everyone, who feels that they have what it takes to work in this sector. Typically those represented by a model or actors agency have a better chance of appearing in TV commercials.
Real Life Models (People Models) and TV/Film Extras
If you like the idea of modeling, but do not fit into the above categories, then this could be for you. Real life models are used in advertising or corporate campaigns, when companies are looking to represent the everyday person. As a TV/Film Extra you will generally be non-featured (no speaking parts) and in the background of a scene. This can be fun and interesting to be part of, but it can also be long hours with lots of waiting around. The benefits are that if you are flexible with your days, it can be a good way to supplement your income.
For upcoming models, taking their first steps:
As an aspiring model (new face), there are basic steps that you should take into consideration before starting. The first important step is to know your goals. You should know what kind modeling you want to do and how big a part you want modeling to play in your life. When you know this, it’s much easier to get started.
When you are ready to embark on your journey towards modeldom, you should make sure that you have read enough about modeling and that you know what to expect. There are various sources available online for new models that tell more about modeling in general, the different types of modeling you can do, where and how to start and who to contact.
As you are doing your research, take some time to find a list of modeling agencies you could contact. This is an important step as by now you should know how to choose a modeling agency that best matches the kind of modeling you want to do. If the modeling agencies of your choice are in a close proximate to where you are located, why not pay a visit to the agency in person. That’s the best way to get a much clearer and more informed picture of the type of agency you are dealing with.
When you feel confident about the modeling agencies you have found, you should either start calling them or contacting them by email. And this is where photos come in. As an aspiring model, one of your main tasks is to arrange a photo shoot with a reliable model photographer. You want to project a good and professional image of yourself and for that reason it is important to focus on the quality of your photos. Modelmanagement.com has designed it’s exclusive Photo Sessions especially for the purpose of giving a model the right kind of professional photos to show to agencies. If you are unable to have photos taken by a professional model photographer, you could also consider selecting some quality pictures that you already have of yourself.
Another effective way of getting exposure as a new model, you could try to find a source on the internet that could list your information and pictures. You should consider listing with one or more websites that offer these kinds of online services for models. Websites, such as modelmanagement.com, provide an excellent way of getting started as a new model, as they offer a great platform for getting connected with the right industry professionals. It’s free to sign up to on modelmanagement.com, and if you want even more exposure to boost your chances further you can upgrade your account.
To reach many agencies very quickly, create your profile on modelmangement.com and contact them directly. Don’t confuse modeling platforms like modelmanagement.com with model agencies, they are not. Modelmanagement.com gives models exposure via a massive database of connections so the models can find agencies and photographers to further the models’ careers. It also gives models a stylish place to show their photos much like having a personal website. Agencies will represent new models and then take charge of the models’ professional career, as the model will then be contracted to that agency. You should not have to pay an agency to be considered as one of their models, as they will make their money from a percentage of the models future jobs. It is very important to be informed of this before you start the process of contacting modeling agencies.
As long as your goals are set from the very onset of your modeling career, you should have a much clearer and more secure picture of what you should know as an aspiring, new model. And should you encounter rejection, do not give up. All new models experience rejection at one point or another. It is just a fact of the business. So stick to your goals, work hard and start connecting with the right people in order to make your dream of being a model into a reality.
What can I expect from modeling ? Will I be successful ?
Becoming a model is the dream of every young girl or boy who craves fashion, designer clothes, glamour, being center stage and traveling the world.
If you are determined to pursue a professional modeling career, and you feel that you have what it takes, there are a few key things to keep in mind when you decide to take that crucial step onto the catwalk.
Time and Dedication
Building your modeling career and portfolio takes time, effort and dedication. A model must be strong-minded and resilient to navigate the chaotic waters of the fashion industry. Confidence and a strong-will are the best weapons of self defense in this high-paced, ever evolving and fiercely competitive modeling world.
If you want a successful modeling career, being professional is one of the most important things when working on a photo shoot. However, a fashion shoot consists more than just of a series of poses. You have to be prepared to withstand long hours with fashion designers or in a photo studio, while keeping a positive and helpful attitude. Nobody wants to work with a model who makes the job more difficult with negativity or ego.
Where In The World Am I?
While being a model and having a modeling career has its rewards, one of the pitfalls of the industry is its nomadic quality; a model must be willing to move cities at a drop of a hat. This often results in the feeling of loneliness and the feeling of being out of touch with ones family.
Enjoy The Ride
If you want to succeed in the modeling business you have to put your heart and mind into it. However, keep in mind that the professional cycle of a model is extremely short lived. So enjoy this exclusive and extraordinary race by living it passionately, but don’t forget to take pleasure on what comes next after you’ve cross the finish line.
How to do I make a portfolio ?
Before putting together a modeling portfolio, it is important to know what type of modeling you can do. A portfolio of a Freelance model would probably include a variety of different types of photos, while a portfolio of a high fashion model would have high fashion images, and so on. So be realistic from the very onset of your career to avoid any setbacks or rejections due to the fact that you are attempting to enter a type of modeling that is not best suited for you.
You should know that your modeling portfolio is a true first impression of yourself as a model. A portfolio will always be the first thing that agencies and clients look at before they even choose to see you in person. And for that reason, it is highly recommended to focus on the building of an impressive modeling portfolio that will enable you to establish a successful modeling career.
Pay attention to the quality of the photos you choose to include in your portfolio. These photos need to impress agencies and clients alike and make you stand out from the rest. So always aim to project the best possible image of yourself.
Here are a few things to remember when building a modeling portfolio:
It is better to have fewer photos that are great, than having more photos that are of poorer quality. So the rule of thumb is that less is more. As a new model, your portfolio should have 6 – 12 photos, especially when you are presenting yourself to a new agency. As an established model, your portfolio should ideally have anywhere between 10 and 25 photos.
Always keep in mind that the purpose of a modelling portfolio is not only to show your good looks, but it should also demonstrate your ability to portray different characters, age ranges and personality. For this reason you should include good headshots without makeup, these are called Polaroids. It’s also important to have good body shots, with swimwear or tight-fitting clothes, especially if you plan to apply to the larger model markets.
In terms of the type of photos to include in your model portfolio, there are no specific rules that you should follow, but just remember to keep your portfolio as professional as possible by only including high quality photos. Do not feel pressured to include pictures where you are in a swimsuit or lingerie, unless that is the type of modeling you want to work in. As long as you know what type of modeling you are looking to do, that should be enough to give you some direction as to what kind of pictures to include.
How to model ?
If and when you are successful and chosen for a modeling job, you will be directed as much as needed and with time and experience you will build your confidence as a model and know how to model like a pro.
So there, you’ve got it all ! Hope this helps, and please know that these tips have been taken and adjusted from different sources. Good luck with your modeling, and please ask if you have any more questions !!!! xx
I try to create good daily habits in the new year and thought this list would help you to create a few ones, too. 🙂
You all are amazing anyway but you can always work on yourself and become more amazing!
We all could break a few bad habits and start being healthier, happier and just more awesome, right? 😀
So here’s a list of things you should start doing daily:
If you want to be happier…
- Talk with a positive person.
- Write down three good things that happened to you each day.
- Laugh – even if you have to force it. The mere action of laughing releases endorphins.
- Get some sun (or a happy light, if it’s a gray day.)
- Move your body (walk, exercise) for 20 minutes or longer.
- Walk a dog or pet an animal.
- Ask for a hug from one person a day.
- Call an old friend or relative.
- Invest 30 minutes a day doing a hobby you enjoy and find relaxing.
- Buy something new (even something small, like a new type of coffee.)
If you want to manage stress more effectively…
- Breathe deeply for at least two minutes. Focus on your breaths.
- Stretch different body parts for ten minutes.
- Listen to something calming and distracting (news, music) unrelated to whatever is stressing you out.
- Cuddle (with a lover, friend or even a pet – physical touch is comforting.)
- Detach from the source of stress (excuse yourself from a meeting, take a break from a project, remove yourself from an argument) for a five-minute break.
- Sniff lavender or geranium essential oil (both lower blood pressure.)
- Sit in the sun (outside) for five minutes.
- Paint a picture.
- Talk to a friend for ten minutes, even if just to hear about his or her life.
- Spend ten minutes grooming (nails, bath, hair.)
- Take a nap.
- Chew a piece of gum.
If you want to be more confident…
- List three things you genuinely like about yourself. Read those three things out loud.
- Stand up straight. Let your hands hang naturally at your sides.
- Dress in clothes that flatter you.
- Outline your thoughts/words before you enter an intimidating situation. Being prepared will help you feel more confident. Bring cheat notes if acceptable.
- Refuse to fidget. Instead, go to a private place (car, restroom) where you can stretch and get out the jitters. Then focus on relaxing.
- Pay attention to the other person instead of your own insecurity.
- Repeat a mantra in your head.
- Make a list of things you like about yourself.
- Ask for compliments from a trusted friend or relative.
If you want to become more spiritually minded…
- Devote 15 minutes a day to reading a spiritual text (Bible, spiritual book, spiritual workbook.)
- Walk in the woods.
- Perform one thoughtful act of kindness for a stranger.
- Give up one physical pleasure or material possession.
- Join a group of like-minded individuals from whom you can learn and be inspired.
- Look up at the stars.
- Enjoy a sunset or sunrise.
- Write out how a person you encountered that day could enrich your life journey.
If you want to be more mindful…
- Take up meditation. Start with 15 minutes a day. Find a quiet place, set a timer, close your eyes and focus on your breaths.
- Pay attention to the details of now. What color is that butterfly? How does that salad taste? How many shades of green can you see right now?
- Consciously let go of worry or regret. Tell yourself “Future Me will take care of that” or “The past is the past.”
- Focus acutely on an immediate sensation, like how great it feels to be tucked into your comfy bed, or how invigorating that brisk wind is.
- Invest emotionally in a current interaction. How does your friend feel about her problem? What emotions are you feeling right now? What can you do comfort/inspire/rejoice with the person you are with right now?
If you want to make a new friend…
- Make a conscious effort to smile.
- Make eye contact with someone new.
- Introduce yourself to someone new.
- Ask open-ended questions about this new person’s preferences.
- Talk about common ground issues.
- Find a way to laugh together. Tell a joke, make a self-deprecating statement or engage in an activity that makes you both laugh. Laughter is bonding.
If you want to show you are interested in finding someone to date…
- Invest an extra twenty minutes a day in personal hygiene. Don’t leave home without being showered and groomed.
- Smile often.
- Refuse to gripe, complain or talk about anything negative.
- Relax. Roll your shoulders, sit up straight and open your stance. Uncross your arms and let your palms rest open, facing up. All of this sends the vibe that you are confident and approachable.
- Establish and maintain eye contact. Hold the other person’s gaze longer than you usually would, but not so long as to stare.
If you (women) want to be perceived as sexier…
- Show a little skin. Choose your favorite spot (shoulders, legs, arms, décolletage) and wear clothing that shows off that one area.
- Wear red. Try red lipstick, a red shirt, red shoes, red nail polish… studies report that men will think of you as sexier and more attractive.
- Lean closer to him.
- Brush up against him.
- Wear heels.
If you (men) want to be perceived as sexier…
- Stand tall (straight posture.)
- Roll your shoulders back.
- Initiate gentle touch without hesitation. Brush up against her; touch her arm during conversation. Touch the small of her back as you hold the door open for her.
- Wear slightly dressier clothing than is required in each situation.
If you want to be a better lover…
- Prolong foreplay by at least five minutes beyond what you think is expected.
- Pay attention to how your lover is responding.
- Hold off on eating anything substantial in the two hours before you expect to make love. If you must eat in that time frame, keep it light and easy to digest.
- Engage in prolonged eye contact.
- Set up a sensual environmental. Clean up the bedroom; light candles.
- Get in touch with your playful side. Laugh; relax; have fun.
If you want to lose weight…
- Eat six small, healthful meals a day to keep satisfied and on track.
- Eat that first meal within 30 minutes of waking up (to jumpstart your metabolism.)
- Move your body for ten minutes or longer first thing in the morning. A brisk dog walk or ten minutes of an exercise video is a perfect way to increase your metabolism.
- Work out for a total of an hour a day, five days a week. If you can break that up into two workouts, you will benefit even more (since you will create two spikes in metabolism that day.)
- Drink a glass of water before each meal.
- Fill your plate with vegetables and lean meat; use fat, grains, starch and sugary foods as condiments.
- Replace something white (starch, processed foods) with something green, orange, red or brown (vegetables, protein, lentils) at every meal.
- Try a new physical activity (rock climbing, whitewater rafting, yoga, dance class.)
- Walk your dog (or a neighbor’s dog.)
- Park in the furthest parking spot.
If you want to gain muscle…
- Make protein the focus of every meal.
- Perform a set number of squats every morning before work. Increase the number of squats every week.
- Perform a set number of pushups every morning before work. Increase the number of pushups every week.
- Lift a set number of weights each morning before your shower.
If you are new to exercise and want to get fit…
- Commit to an easy form of exercise each day. Increase time spent exercising by five minutes a day until you reach your goal of how long you want to work out daily.
- Write down your exercise goal and actual achievements each day. Increase the intensity of your workouts slowly.
- Take your pulse while exercising. Calculate out your exercise heart rate so you know what zone to shoot for while exercising, and stay in the recommended zone.
- Pay attention to how you feel while exercising. Push yourself to the point where it’s tough, but not miserable, each day.
- Schedule exercise like you would appointments.
If you want to improve in a sport…
- Achieve one micro goal per day. You will need to map out your plan to building up to your final goal, breaking this plan down into daily exercise goals. For example, you may decide to perform specific swimming or running drills.
- Check in with a mentor each day. This can be a workout buddy, a coach or even a check in through an online forum or service.
- Spend ten minutes a day reviewing (in your head, using visualization) pointers you’ve learned from someone who is better than you. Practice with someone who is better than you once to twice a week.
- Read on a sport-specific forum each day.
- Invest in a book on your sport and read a specific amount of time each day.
If you want to fall asleep quickly…
- Do not drink alcohol; instead drink a cup of herbal tea in that hour before bed.
- Exercise, but not within two hours of bedtime.
- Go to sleep at the same time each night.
- Wake up at the same time every morning (including weekends and holidays.)
- Dim the lights in that half hour before bed.
- Take three to five milligrams of melatonin a half hour before bed.
- Do not drink caffeine after 2:00 p.m.
- Deliberately visualize something pleasant and calming as you relax in bed.
- Snuggle (with a person or pet) – the rhythmic breathing of another living being will help you relax.
- Tense up all of your muscles, and then relax them, repeatedly, until you feel completely relaxed.
If you want to sleep soundly all night…
- Lower the temperature in your bedroom and use a heavy blanket for warmth.
- Cover (or move) all LED lights in the room.
- Turn on a sound machine (ocean, rain, white noise) for the night.
- Meditate, pray or journal for ten minutes as part of your nightly bedtime routine.
- Keep daily activities out of the bedroom; retire to the bedroom a half hour before bed, using the bedroom for sleeping and bed-related activities.
If you want to eat more healthfully…
- Plan your meals ahead of time.
- Pack (from home) what you need to eat for each day.
- Eat one piece of fruit or one serving of raw vegetables (carrots, celery, cucumbers) mid morning and mid afternoon.
- Don’t carry money for vending machines. Instead eat a snack you brought from home. Pretend vending machines don’t exist.
- Pack a healthy snack for the ride home from work. Pretend fast food restaurants don’t exist.
- Shop from the outer rim of the grocery store (produce, meat, dairy), avoiding processed foods.
- Split restaurant meals in half. Take half home for later, and only eat half of the meal in the restaurant.
- Ask a friend or coworker to split meals with you when eating out.
- Order meals off the healthy section of the menu. Tell yourself you cannot eat anything on the menu that isn’t listed as healthful.
- Order a child-sized or senior-sized meal off the menu.
If you want to drink healthier beverages…
- Add a slice of lemon or lime to your water.
- Replace soda with seltzer water.
- Replace cold sugar-sweetened drinks with iced herbal teas or iced coffee (sans cream and sugar.)
- Replace high fat hot drinks with flavorful hot tea or flavored coffee.
- Replace regular juice with low sugar juices or flavored seltzer waters.
- Avoid cream and sugar.
If you want to rev up your metabolism…
- Drink a glass of (unsweetened) green tea three times a day.
- Exercise vigorously for ten minutes each morning before work.
- Eat within 30 minutes of waking up.
- Eat six small meals throughout the day.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper or cinnamon on foods and beverages.
- Add ice to cold drinks.
- Exercise in the cold.
If you want to live longer…
- Floss every night before bed.
- Walk for a half hour every day.
- Hug someone every day.
- Eat something live (fresh fruit or vegetables) every day.
- Try a new healthy recipe every day.
If you want to lower your chances of getting cancer…
- Fill your plate with fresh, colorful vegetables one meal per day.
- Drink green tea every day.
- Make it a point to avoid smoke (including second hand smoke.) This may mean you ask a roommate to smoke outside or you decide it’s time to quit smoking.
- Stop eating fried food.
If you want to be more productive at work…
- Schedule out your day, setting mini goals and milestones throughout the day. Then race against your self-set goals for accomplishing tasks.
- Take a break every hour. Stand up, stretch, use the restroom or get a drink.
- Schedule your toughest task for your most productive time slot (whenever you typically feel your best) of the day.
- Arrive at work fifteen minutes before you are expected each morning.
- Sequester yourself for 45 minutes each day where you can crank uninterrupted on tasks. Consider booking a conference room or putting on noise cancelling earphones and posting a “do not disturb” sign during this time each day.
- Turn off your email for an hour per day.
- Disconnect from social media for chunks of the day.
If you want to advance quickly in your career…
- Be sure to speak up at least once in every meeting. You need to be noticed and heard.
- Show up at the office. Beware of work-from-home arrangements. If you are not seen in the office and people don’t know what you are contributing, you run the risk of getting let go (or passed over for promotions.)
- Rehearse presentations in the mirror beforehand. You should also rehearse important statements and arguments ahead of time so you can work out the kinks.
- Dress one step classier than your coworkers.
If you want to start your own business…
- Invest 15 minutes a day on building a portfolio of work samples.
- Carry business cards with you everywhere.
- Introduce yourself to someone new each day. Networking requires meeting a lot of people. Keep an eye out for potentially important connections. Look for potential clients, coworkers, inspiration, resources and financial partners.
- Review your business plan every night before bed.
- Spend 15 minutes each day learning about the business (reading a book, participating on an online forum, or listening to a webinar.)
- Devote 15 minutes each morning to one action item that moves your business forward (write a blog post, comment on a forum, return a phone call, make one cold call.)
If you want to learn new material…
- Read out loud.
- Record yourself reading key points (you need to memorize) out loud. Replay the recording as you rest in bed, right before falling asleep.
- Underline or highlight important information.
- Chew mint gum while you study.
- Pinch yourself or hold a bag of ice cubes while memorizing difficult formulas. The physical sensations will stimulate adrenaline production, locking the formula into your memory.
- Create a poem or song to memorize tough material.
- Use pictures (images, drawings, colors) to link definitions to new vocabulary words. For example, draw a picture that symbolizes a definition.
If you want to write a book/poetry collection/screenplay…
- Write 500 words before you go to work every morning.
- Check in with a writing buddy after you finish your morning writing (send your work for critique or just check in as accountability.)
- Read 15 minutes before bed each night (something in your genre.)
- Devote half of your lunch break to editing your work.
If you want to explore your artistic side…
- Spend ten minutes a day reviewing artistic work that inspires you.
- Keep a journal with you. Make notes of colors, images and textures that catch your eye.
- Use your camera (phone.) Snap pictures of anything you come across during the day that inspires you.
- De-stress each night by working on your most recent art project for a chunk of time before bed.
- Rummage through your art supply box each day.
- Play or listen to music.
- Watch a YouTube video about your field of art.
If you want to be on time…
- Schedule out your entire day, working backwards from appointments.
- Leave fifteen minutes before you think you need to for driving appointments.
- Leave five minutes before you think you need to for in-office appointments.
- Schedule in time for bathroom breaks, talking, coffee breaks, and distractions.
- Sandbag (build in time cushions for all estimates)
- Program your phone to give you reminders.
- Map out alternate routes to places you often frequent (to deal with traffic.)
If you want to be more organized…
- Recycle, shred or throw away junk mail on your way back from the mailbox. Don’t let junk mail (or stupid offers you know you won’t use) even touch the counter.
- Pay bills the same day you get them.
- File paid bills immediately after you pay them.
- Return items to their proper places immediately. Tell yourself counter space is sacred space that is not to be defiled.
- Recycle, repurpose, give away or throw away one item every day (until you don’t have any extra clutter left!)
If you want to quit a bad habit…
- Contract with yourself to try something else for ten minutes before giving in to the bad habit.
- Identify emotions, places, or experiences that trigger you to do the bad habit. Respond to each trigger with a new habit. For example, if you used to bite your nails while driving, wear gloves while driving. If you used to pluck your eyebrows when nervous, pick up a pencil and draw each time you feel nervous.
- Set up “coping kits” that you can use on the spot. Promise yourself you’ll use your coping kit instead of doing the bad habit.
- Set up immediate reward and punishment programs. For example, charge yourself a quarter every time your swear (swear jar.)
If you want to quit smoking…
- Remind yourself that cravings usually lessen if you delay gratification. Tell yourself “All I have to do is wait ten minutes” each time you experience a craving.
- Suck on a mint every time you want to smoke. Make yourself wait until the mint is gone before allowing yourself to decide if you really need to smoke.
- If you usually smoke outside, force yourself to walk around the block twice before allowing yourself to decide if you really need to smoke.
- If you have certain places you used to smoke, find replacements for those places. Establish new habits, for example, going to a restaurant where smoking is not permitted for lunch each day, or buying coffee in the office instead of walking somewhere (if you used to smoke while getting coffee down the street.)
If you want to drink less alcohol…
- Make yourself drink a full glass of water before you indulge in each serving of alcohol.
- In social situations, set a number of conversations per drink. For example, you might force yourself to mingle with three guests (three full conversations) before you allow yourself to refresh your drink.
- Alternate club soda and alcoholic drinks.
- If you normally pour yourself a drink right when you get home at night, replace this habit with another habit. Walk the dog, take a shower, do an exercise video, or eat a salad before you allow yourself to pour that first drink.
The following are the most effective keystone habits you can possibly develop. These three can help improve your life in a number of different ways.
If you want to improve in multiple areas at once…
Walk (or complete some form of exercise) for 30 minutes a day. A daily walk will improve your mood, increase your energy level and will help you manage stress, stay fit and lose weight.
Replace one main meal per day with a salad or broth-based vegetable or lentil soup. By eating several servings of vegetables per day, you will feel more energetic, lose weight, feel fuller and lower your chances of contracting cancer and many other diseases.
Schedule at least eight hours (possibly nine – find out what you need) of sleep per night. Getting adequate sleep will improve your mood, give you more energy, make it easier to absorb new material, help you make healthier eating choices and improve your work performance.
Good habits can change your life. You’ve just read through a list of 203 habits that can be developed. Now is the time to take action. Just pick one of these habits and make it part of your daily routine!
Future & life
Blog & co
Photography & Equipment